Top 10 Best WordPress AMP Plugins to Create AMP Pages
Are you looking for an easy way to make your web content load faster on mobile devices? Thanks to WordPress plugins that are designed to help you with everything, from creating and designing a website to managing it. By using an AMP plugin, you can easily create AMP pages of your web pages or blog posts so that your web content can load faster on mobile devices. There are many AMP plugins available in the WordPress plugin directory so choosing the best AMP plugin can be challenging. We have come up with this article to help you choose the best AMP plugin. Here we will discuss the best 10 WordPress AMP plugins you should consider using in 2021.
AMP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
Accelerated mobile pages or AMP is a lightweight version of your web pages that are designed to improve mobile users’ reading experience. An AMP version of a web page is incredibly fast, making web content easy to read and more engageable. The primary objective of AMP is to speed up your web pages on mobile devices so that mobile users can easily view the information on your web pages without having any issues. AMP uses a stripped-down code known as AMP HTML to load web pages faster than regular HTML pages.
Even Google gives preference to accelerated mobile pages these days. Since there are more than 50% of users use mobile for web surfing, you just cannot overlook your mobile audience. If you are not putting effort to improve your user experience, it might be very difficult for you to achieve a higher search engine ranking. On the contrary, your web pages will be shown in lower SERPs. By creating the AMP of your web pages, you can have a lightning-fast mobile version that gives a faster and better user experience. It ultimately results in higher engagement and a lower bounce rate.
Benefits of AMP
- AMP helps you improve the user experience and increase your website traffic.
- AMP plays an important role in your website’s SEO, and it helps you get higher positions in SERPs.
- Since AMP pages are mobile-friendly, your web pages are highly accessible across all modern devices.
- Just like normal HTML pages, you can put ads on AMP pages too. Besides, you can also track the performance of your AMP pages.
- Having an AMP version of your site means you do not need to create XML sitemaps.
Best 10 WordPress AMP Plugins
There are hundreds of WordPress AMP plugins available in the online marketplace. Just like any other WordPress plugin, using an AMP plugin is very easy. But choosing the right plugin is very hard because when there are too many choices, it is very normal that a user may get confused. We truly understand this, and that is why we have picked the best 10 WordPress AMP plugins out of hundreds of options. These are some of the most popular and highly recommended WordPress AMP plugins. You must consider using either of them to create AMP pages for your WordPress website or blog. Most of the WordPress AMP plugins listed below are free, only a few of them are premium plugins.
#1 – WordPress Official AMP Plugin
With over 500,000 active installations, the AMP plugin holds the #1 position on our list of the best 10 WordPress AMP plugins. It is known as the WordPress official AMP plugin. This plugin allows you to create fast, secured, and easy-to-access web pages of your WordPress site. A user-centered website makes an excellent user experience that not only boosts site performance but also participation.
Key features of the WordPress official AMP plugin –
- The process of generating AMP pages is fully automated and with utmost accuracy by removing invalid AMP markup.
- The plugin comes with advanced developer tools to fix validation issues you may face while creating AMP.
- If you are a non-technical user, even then you can use this plugin to create a fully AMP-compatible WordPress site with different configurations and AMP-compatible components.
- There are 3 different template modes through which you can serve AMP to your users – Standard, Transitional, and Reader.
- The official AMP plugin works as a fully responsive solution which means you can provide real AMP experiences for both mobile and desktop users.
#2 – AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
AMP for WP is one of the most powerful and top-rated WordPress AMP plugins in the world. Even it has a better user rating than the WordPress official AMP plugin. The AMP for WP plugin automatically adds AMP functionality to your WordPress site. Numerous extensions, support options, and customization tools are available in this plugin. Currently, over 100,000 WordPress sites in the world are using this plugin.
Key features of the AMP for WP plugin –
- It comes with a custom AMP editor that allows you to edit or modify the original content just for the AMP pages.
- The plugin is designed for Google PageSpeed Optimization with SSR (server-side rendering).
- There are 3 pre-built AMP layouts for your business websites and landing pages.
- It is well-integrated with WooCommerce functionality, making it the perfect solution for your eCommerce site.
- The AMP for WP plugin is regularly updated to address bugs and provide new functionality.
#3 – Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP
If you are looking for an efficient and reliable solution to make your web pages appear as rich snippets in search results, Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP is one of those plugins you should consider. By using this plugin, you can structure your WordPress site for SEO by adding GRS (Google Rich Snippets) markup as per Schema.org guidelines. Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP has over 80,000 active installations and an impressive user rating, making it one of the most popular WordPress AMP plugins of all time.
Note: Although it is not a dedicated AMP plugin, it supports AMP.
Key features of the Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP plugin –
- It is an easy-to-use plugin with minimal settings and no prior coding skills are required.
- There are over 35 schema types supported by this plugin that includes web page, blog posting, article, news article, product, etc. More schema types will be added in the future.
- The conditional display fields supported by this tool allow you to include or exclude posts, post types, pages, and other content to get marked up.
- It supports data migration from other schema plugins, such as Scheme Plugin, WP SEO Schema, SEO Pressor, etc.
- The premium version of this plugin allows you to add reviews fetched from more than 75 platforms.
#4 – PWA for WP and AMP
PWA for WP and AMP is the perfect solution for those who want to transform their WordPress site into PWA (progressive web app). This plugin aims to enhance mobile internet efficiency by lowering page load speed and retaining audiences on the site. It helps you load your websites instantaneously across numerous platforms and devices, allowing your information to display instantly regardless of the device used by the audience, be it a smartphone, tablet, and any other portable device.
Key features of the Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP plugin –
- The plugin provides you with advanced AMP support, and it also works well with other WordPress AMP plugins.
- It has a built-in service worker that has been designed to perform all the necessary actions automatically, such as caching the external objects to reduce the load times for visitors, and much more.
- The Offline Support of this plugin will help you load the PWA version of your WordPress site even if the users are offline.
- It also has useful features like UTM tracking, multiple sites support, and a cache expiration option.
- By upgrading to its premium version, you get many useful features, such as a call to action, pull to refresh, scroll progress bar, offline forms, loading icon library, and much more.
#5 – WordPress AMP Plugin by MotoPress
The WordPress AMP Plugin by Motopress is another great solution to build an AMP version of a WordPress site. It helps you optimize your WordPress site for accelerated mobile pages and make your web content load faster on mobile devices. The plugin supports multiple content types for AMP, such as single posts, blog posts, custom post types, WooCommerce shop pages, etc. For a single site, the plugin is available just for $39. And for unlimited sites, you need to pay $199.
Key features of the MotoPress AMP plugin –
- It not only enables AMP for normal websites and blogs but also for WooCommerce stores. As a result, mobile users can easily view your products from AMP pages.
- The plugin comes with a built-in drag & drop AMP page builder that lets you enable or disable the content blocks on your AMP pages.
- You can monitor the performance of your AMP pages by simply adding the tracking code of Google Analytics and other analytics tools.
- It helps you earn money by simply placing ad blocks on your AMP pages. This is perhaps the best feature of this WordPress AMP plugin.
- You do not need to worry about your AMP pages metadata since it works well with all popular WordPress SEO plugins including Yoast SEO.
#6 – AMP WP – Google AMP For WordPress
Google AMP for WordPress is another great WordPress AMP plugin that is being quite popular these days. It has been smartly designed to add accelerated mobile pages (AMP) automatically to your WordPress site without requiring any manual effort. With this AMP plugin, you can easily speed up page loading by 5 times. So this is an excellent compliment for your website SEO.
Key features of the Google AMP for WordPress plugin –
- You can create AMP pages for posts, pages, and custom post types.
- The plugin allows you to track visitors with the help of third-party analytic tools which include Google Analytics and much more.
- It is an easy-to-use plugin. Even a new WordPress user can easily create AMP pages using this plugin.
- You can enable or disable AMP for any web page at any time.
- It is highly compatible with JetPack and all cache plugins.
#7 – Easy AMP – WordPress AMP Plugin
Easy AMP (previously known as AMP it up!) is among the best WordPress AMP plugins in the world. It creates a Google-compliant version of your WordPress site for free, and that is too without requiring any prior knowledge. It is one of the most flexible and easy-to-use AMP solutions available for WordPress users. Just install the Easy AMP plugin, activate it, and it is all set.
Key features of the Easy AMP plugin –
- The plugin creates an AMP version of your web pages automatically via the AMP HTML tool provided by amp-cloud.de.
- It provides the AMP version of your web pages on your domain as your classic web page.
- While creating AMP pages, it uses a secured SSL certificate via HTTPS protocol for secure transmission.
- The plugin is well-integrated with Google Analytics so you can easily check your AMP analytics in your Google Analytics account.
- You can add social share buttons on your AMP pages to make your content more shareable and increase the reach of your content.
#8 – BetterAMP
BetterAMP from BetterStudio is indeed the finest WordPress AMP plugin in the market. It is smartly designed to transform your WordPress site into accelerated mobile pages. And for that, there is no need to add any code to your website. The plugin can create a complete AMP version of your WordPress site in just a few seconds. Besides, it also allows you to customize your AMP content with ease.
Key features of the Better AMP plugin –
- The plugin offers complete AMP support for WordPress. You can create AMP for web pages, posts, custom post types, categories, and tags.
- It also provides AMP support for bbPress and WooCommerce websites.
- It helps you optimize your WordPress site for speed, making your site loads 5 times faster than usual.
- Your mobile visitors will be automatically redirected to the AMP version of your site.
- You get full RTL support which means you can create an AMP version of your web pages in RTL languages.
- It is highly compatible with all popular cache plugins.
#9 – WP AMP Ninja – Accelerated Mobile Pages for WordPress
If you are looking for a premium AMP solution, WP AMP Ninja is worth trying. This WordPress plugin helps you create an AMP-friendly WordPress site in just a single click. It is a user-friendly tool that is well known for its dependability, responsiveness, and flexibility. By using the WP AMP Ninja plugin, you can bring the real power of AMP to your WordPress site with ease. The regular license is available for just $30.
Key features of the WP AMP Ninja plugin –
- It can automatically enable AMP (accelerated mobile pages) functionality on your WordPress site without requiring any coding.
- You can create AMP for web pages, posts, custom post types, tags, taxonomy, and archive pages.
- The plugin supports custom branding on AMP pages by allowing you to add your logo and favicon.
- It supports Google analytics implementation so that you can track your visitors.
- No additional configuration is required to use this plugin. Simply install the plugin, activate it, and it is ready.
#10 – WP AMP
WP AMP is another popular premium WordPress plugin that helps you build the AMP (accelerated mobile pages) version of your WordPress site and WooCommerce store. It does not require any prior coding knowledge to create AMP pages, making it the perfect solution for new WordPress users. Besides, it can instantly make your WordPress site go mobile, just a few mouse clicks are needed. The regular license is available for $49.
Key features of the WP AMP plugin –
- It enables you to add all content types and archives in your AMP version. You can also embed images, audio, videos, and IFrames (inline frame) in your AMP pages.
- It comes with a standard design for your AMP version that is fully customizable, and you can also create a new one.
- The WP AMP plugin works well with the WooCommerce plugin so you can show your products on the AMP version of your site.
- It also works well with popular SEO plugins, such as All in One SEO Pack, Yoast SEO, SEO Ultimate, The SEO Framework, etc.
- It is well integrated with Google Analytics and other analytics tools so that you can easily track visitors who visit your AMP pages.
In today’s digital era, mobile optimization plays an essential role in the success of any website. And creating accelerated mobile pages (AMP) is one of the most effective ways to optimize websites for mobile devices. Thanks to WordPress AMP plugins that have made AMP creation easy and fully automated. In this article, we have discussed the best WordPress AMP plugins you should consider using.
All the WordPress AMP plugins listed above are highly efficient in creating the AMP version of your site and make your web content load faster for mobile users. So if you have not created your website’s AMP version yet, do it today with the help of any of the above WordPress AMP plugins.
You might be interested in – Top 6 Responsive WordPress Themes for Your Business Site.