Top 5 WordPress Magazine Themes You Must Try in 2022
Are you planning to build a magazine website on WordPress? Which WordPress theme will you choose? Building a magazine website on WordPress is just like building a normal website. But to give it a magazine-style design, you have to choose the right WordPress magazine theme. In this article, we will talk about the top 5 WordPress magazine themes you should consider using in 2022.
WordPress Magazine Theme
WordPress is perhaps the best website builder in the world. You can easily build any type of website or blog on WordPress. People who want to create a magazine website should definitely consider using WordPress. Why? Because WordPress will not only help them build a website from scratch but also allow them to design their site as desired. And WordPress does not require any prior coding knowledge which means any person can build a website with ease. To give your website a magazine-style design, WordPress has hundreds of magazine themes depending on your personal requirements.
You might want to understand how a magazine theme is different from a standard WordPress theme. Unlike a standard WordPress theme, a magazine theme contains a lot of dynamic content on the front page. Most of the design templates seem to be largely static, whereas a magazine website contains diverse content that needs to be changed constantly and displayed in an organized way. Besides, most of the WordPress magazine themes have category sections. So you can easily set up categories to feature your content on the page. And whenever new content is published, it will get updated dynamically.
Top 5 WordPress Magazine Themes
When you search for a WordPress magazine theme on the WordPress theme directory, you get hundreds of options. It could be difficult for anyone to choose the best out of those hundreds of WordPress magazine themes. We have already discussed how to choose a WordPress theme in one of our previous posts. However, if you are not able to find the best WordPress magazine theme for your site, we will help you with that.
We have come up with the top 5 WordPress magazine themes you should consider using in 2022. So if you are looking for a fast, elegant, and customizable WordPress theme for your magazine website, below are the best options for you –
#1 – Purea WordPress Magazine Theme
If you are looking for a simple, creative, and easy to use WordPress magazine theme, then Purea from Spiracle Themes is the best option for you. With Purea, you can highlight your important posts on the homepage and showcase them in an absolutely great way. Being a multipurpose WordPress theme, it is popularly used for news, sports, travel, and other small company and business websites.
Key features of Purea WordPress Magazine Theme:
- Purea is a highly responsive and SEO friendly WordPress theme. You can easily build a responsive website that is highly compatible with mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. Besides, you get a clean HTML structure along with proper SEO tags for your website.
- It is a fully customizable theme, comes with a live customizer. So you can easily customize almost every aspect of the theme as desired and check the live preview while making changes.
- Purea Magazine has a trending news slider, preloader option, news widgets, multiple column layouts, i.e. 2 columns layout and 3 columns layout, etc.
- The Purea WordPress theme comes with demo sites (free and premium ones). So instead of designing a new magazine site from scratch, you can simply import the demo site with just one click.
- Although Purea is a free WordPress theme, you can consider upgrading to its pro version to get more features.
#2 – Extra WordPress Magazine Theme
The WordPress magazine theme that holds the second position on this list is Extra from Elegant Themes. Powered by the Divi Builder, it is perhaps the most popular WordPress magazine theme in the world. With the Extra WordPress magazine theme, you can easily build a modern and absolutely stunning website without requiring any prior designing knowledge. Thanks to its visual page builder (drag & drop page builder).
Key features of Extra WordPress Magazine Theme:
- Extra helps you build a professional-looking magazine website that will load faster on any web browser. Also, you may find this helpful – Best Ways to Speed up a WordPress Site With Ease.
- It is a fully responsive WordPress theme so your website will look great on all devices, irrespective of the screen size.
- This WordPress theme uses the Divi builder that has a drag & drop interface so you can easily build posts, pages, and categories.
- Being a WooCommerce ready theme, it allows you to build a magazine website that can be used for eCommerce purposes.
- Since it is a premium WordPress theme, you will get premium technical support that is available 24×7.
#3 – Tribune WordPress Magazine Theme
Tribune from WPZOOM is another powerful newspaper and magazine theme for your WordPress site. This popular WordPress magazine theme offers you an elegant display on the homepage where you can showcase your articles and featured categories. With Tribune, you can easily highlight your featured posts along with the featured area at the top and the carousel posts at the bottom of the web page.
Key features of Tribune WordPress Magazine Theme:
- Tribune comes with a Theme Options Panel using which you can easily very comfortably customize almost every detail of the theme as desired.
- This WordPress magazine theme uses a responsive layout that perfectly fits any screen resolution of PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- There is a Video Widget in this WordPress theme so you can embed videos from popular video-sharing sites like YouTube.
- It comes with a visual customizer that will offer you a lot of color and font choices to customize your web content as desired.
- The Tribune WordPress magazine theme is supercharged by JetPack which means you can easily add any of the JetPack features to your site.
#4 – Independent WordPress Magazine Theme
If you are looking for a multipurpose blog and magazine theme for your WordPress site, then you should definitely consider trying Independent from Zozothemes. This WordPress theme offers you a simple, clean, and well-organized design so that you can make a stunning and professional-looking magazine website. So overall, Independent is the perfect theme for blog, magazine, and video websites.
Key features of Independent WordPress Magazine Theme:
- Independent comes with pre-built pages for various needs and purposes so you can easily build a new website in no time.
- It is a fully responsive WordPress theme, comes with retina ready layout. Besides, it uses mobile-friendly sliders – Revolution & Owl Carousel.
- This WordPress theme is quite intuitive and user-friendly, making editing and customization simple and effortless.
- You get full control over your header and footer areas. You can easily customize the header and footer areas, or create new layouts from scratch.
- Social media integration is perhaps the best part of this WordPress magazine theme. It supports almost all popular social media platforms so you can easily connect with your audience socially.
#5 – Pixwell WordPress Magazine Theme
Pixwell from ThemeRuby is a modern and feature-rich WordPress theme that perfectly suits your magazine website. It is a powerful multipurpose theme that will offer you pixel-perfect design with outstanding features. With Pixwell, you can easily build a professional-looking website within a few hours. It has a wide range of demo layouts so you can choose the one that perfectly suits your business.
Key features of Pixwell WordPress Magazine Theme:
- Pixwell offers you a creative design for your new magazine website. You will love the exceptional combination of color, font, and while space used in this WordPress theme.
- Being a fully responsive WordPress theme, it allows you to build a magazine website that will look great on all the devices, such as PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- This WordPress magazine theme comes with a built-in page builder, called Ruby Composer. Besides, it also supports Elementor, the popular page builder.
- Pixwell supports quick translation so you can easily translate your web content to any language directly from the Options panel.
- If you choose this WordPress theme, you do not have to worry about SEO. It is well optimized for SEO.
The primary objective of this article is to help you choose the right WordPress theme for your new magazine website. Or if you already have one, you can consider switching to any of these WordPress magazine themes. In this article, we have discussed the best 5 WordPress magazine themes you should consider using in 2022.
So which theme you liked the most, tell us in the comments sections below. Also, let us know if you would like to add any other WordPress magazine theme to our list.
Note: If you are looking for a free WordPress magazine theme, then you should definitely try Purea, #1 on our list.