WordPress Theme Detector – Know What Theme a Site is Using
Many times it happens that you visit a site and get so impressed with its design. You become so curious to know which theme the site is using so that you can also use the same theme for your website. This is a very common situation. People visit sites and love their design, and want to use the same design for their own websites. But most of them do not know how to detect a WordPress theme. If you are looking for the easiest way to detect a WordPress theme, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss two different ways to detect a WordPress theme. You can either use the WordPress theme detector tool or simply use a manual approach to find which WordPress theme a website is using. Keep reading this article!
WordPress Theme Detector
Whenever you look for the best way to detect a WordPress theme, WordPress Theme Detector is the best and the most recommended solution. It is a free online tool that allows you to find all the details about the WordPress theme and plugins currently being used by a site. There are many tools available on the internet that can help you find out the site’s information including the theme and plugins used by it.
To use a WordPress theme detector tool, simply type “WordPress theme detector” in Google search and hit enter.
In the search results, you will see a lot of options. You can try any of them. For instance, you can use the one showing on the top of the search results.
Simply click it, and that will take you to the WordPress Theme Detector’s homepage.
Now you need to enter the URL of the site you want to check, and then hit enter. Within a couple of sections, you will get the comprehensive details of that WordPress site, such as theme name, theme homepage, theme price, theme tags, theme version, description, vendor name, vendor homepage, theme screenshot, plugins used, and the additional information of the website.
Once you get all the details about the theme, you can then also use the same theme for your website. And thanks to the WordPress theme detector tool, a very handy, easy-to-use, and free of cost solution to detect a WordPress theme.
List of WordPress Theme Detector Tools
Below is the list of top 10 online WordPress theme detector tools –
- WPthemeDetector from Luis Alejandre
- WordPress Theme Detector from WPBeginner
- WordPress Theme Search from CodeinWP
- IsItWP from WPBeginner
- WordPress Theme Detector from Scan WP
- WordPress Theme Search from WTS
- WP Theme Detector from The SEO Tools
- WordPress Theme And Plugins Detector from WP Detector
- Theme Detector from Gochyu (the only tool that supports websites built on different platforms other than WordPress)
- WordPress Theme Detector from Small SEO Tools
You can also consider using Google chrome extensions like
- WordPress Theme Detector and Plugin Detector from ThemesInfo
- Scan WP – Detect WordPress Themes and Plugins from ScanWP
Detect WordPress Theme Manually
It may happen that a website owner has changed the name of the WordPress theme s/he is using. This makes the WordPress theme detector tool unable to detect the respective theme. In such a situation, you need to detect the WordPress theme manually. Follow the steps given below –
- First, you need to open that WordPress site whose theme you liked and want to check which theme is that. You can open that site on any browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Now right-click anywhere on the blank space within the page, and click View Page Source in the menu.
- A new window will pop up containing the source code of the page.
- Press Ctrl+F to get the search bar, and search a line something like this –
- Now click on the URL in the above line to open the style.css file.
- This will redirect you to the page or file containing all the information about the WordPress theme.
Tip: You can find more than one result. And this is just because the site has plugins that too contain style.css. So to check theme style.css, make sure the link URL contains wp-content/themes in it.
You might be interested in – Common WordPress Mistakes You Should Avoid in 2021
Today over 30% of the total websites on the internet are using WordPress. And every WordPress site uses a particular theme to get the look and feel. In this article, we have learned how to detect a WordPress theme using the WordPress theme detector tool. You can also try the manual method if the WordPress theme detector tool fails to detect the WordPress theme. Hopefully, after reading this article, you can now easily detect the theme a WordPress site is using.
So now whenever you come across a great-looking WordPress site and wish to have the same design for your site, you can easily detect the WordPress theme and use it for your WordPress site. For any queries, click on the Chat button or send us an email via our Contact Us page, we will be happy to help you.
Also read – WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which One is Better
3 People reacted on this
My favorite tool so far is wpthemedetector.com. They seem to be pretty accurate. A new one I found and started using is urlquant.com. They go beyond just themes and plugins.
Great Content. Thanks for your informative post.